At times we feel ‘unwell’, ‘out of sorts’ or ‘below par’ and a medical prescription is not the answer. What we are lacking is company, interests, or a change of scene to make us feel connected and motivated. Or perhaps we need counselling or more exercise to keep our bodies strong and our minds stimulated.
Our health and wellbeing starts with taking care of ourselves as best as we can.
- What do you need to help you feel more included?
- What could you do to feel happier in yourself?
- Do you want to make new friends?
- Are you aware of what is going on in your local area?
- Where are the exercise classes or social groups you could join?
That’s where social prescribing comes in!
Our free social prescribing service can provide you with a personal Health and Wellbeing Partner who will help you identify one or more activities to improve your wellbeing and support you in starting it.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you are:
- Over the age of 16
- In need of some support, guidance and encouragement to improve your mental or physical health and wellbeing
- A patient at an Our Health Partnership GP practice
How does it work?
One of our Health and Wellbeing Partners will meet with you to chat about your lifestyle and help you to identify activities that will benefit you and help you reach your goals. If you want to see the activities available to you in your local area, you can visit: www.healthexchange.org.uk
What activities are available to me through social prescribing?
The activities available include:
- Advice and Guidance
- Physical Activity
- Addiction Support
- Arts and Crafts
- Meeting people
- and much more
For more information: